Sunday, November 21, 2010

Saddly...It Was Just A Dream

Just another slightly modified re-post.



Sadly...It Was Just a Dream


In a dream, as deeply I slept,
you came to me;
I felt your lips softly brush my cheek,
it seemed then that my eyes fluttered open, and
I saw the emerald green of your own;
I thought I heard the breaking of waves
over an empty beach,
the water filling the footprints earlier left
as we strolled hand in hand,
feeling the warm spring breezes
whispering secret words
meant only for you and me;
clouds, like cotton candy,
skittered across a cerulean sky
tinged in fiery orange,
as the last light slips beneath the water;
the moon rises,
a glow reflected from the whitecaps
now crashing upon the shore;
the firelight beckons,
a bottle of merlot awaits...


© 2008 Michael Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment